I haven’t had time to have a good look around yet, but it looks incredible and I love the pledge, which was emailed to me when I signed up:
1. Tell 5 people about the film and share one thing you learned from watching it.
2. Parents – watch TV and films with your children. Raise questions like “What if that character had been a girl instead?”
3. Remember your actions influence others. Mothers, aunts and loved ones – don’t downgrade or judge yourself by your looks. Fathers, uncles and loved ones—treat women around you with respect. Remember children in your life are watching and learning from you.
4. Use your consumer power. Stop buying tabloid magazines and watching shows that degrade women. Go see movies that are written and directed by women (especially on opening weekend to boost the box office ratings). Avoid products that resort to sexism in their advertising.
5. Mentor others! It’s as easy as taking a young woman to lunch. Start by having open and honest conversations with a young person in your life.
Anyone else want to take the pledge?